The nickname for Okinawa, the southernmost prefecture in Japan, is “Churashima”, which is an ancient word from Okinawa meaning beautiful islands. The source of its beauty comes from its highly transparent and colorful ocean created by coral reefs. Let’s go to Okinawa full of fun and thrills where you can enjoy marine sports, playing on the seashore and observing marine life!
Yakushima Island in Kagoshima Prefecture, a place many Japanese people long to visit. The mystic forest of Yaku-sugi, or Yaku cedars, covered with moss wraps around and welcomes visiting travelers.
Japanese fruits are renown throughout the world for their delicious taste and beautiful appearance. See why they are so delicious and how to enjoy Japanese-grown fruits during your stay in Japan.
Bento, or boxed lunches, can be like works of art. Artfully designed “Kyara-ben”, or Character Bento, are drawing attention overseas as well. With the help of handy gadgets, you can easily make Kyara-ben at home too.
A rice planting festival to wish for a good harvest and big catches of fish. Why don’t you come see a traditional Japanese event that has remained unchanged for several hundred years?
Ramen is very popular all over the world. For those who “want to fully enjoy authentic ramen in Japan!”, we will introduce a special ramen spot.
Latest Notice> MORE
- The Japan Monthly Web Magazine March issue has been released.
- New category “Fashion & Beauty” has been made in the JNTO web magazine. The first article for this category is an interview for MASUWAKA TSUBASA who is a popular fashion leader.
- The Japan Monthly Web Magazine January issue has been released.
- The Japan Monthly Web Magazine December issue has been released.
- The Japan Monthly Web Magazine November issue has been released.
- The Japan Monthly Web Magazine October issue has been released.
- The Japan Monthly Web Magazine September issue has been released.
Japan Monthly Web Magazine is launching a new and improved look.
Now easy to read on your smartphone or tablet.